Monday, April 16, 2012

I'm a space cadet

Holy crap, my anxiety level is through the roof.   I leave in just under two days and I feel like a nervous ball of energy, yet I can't seem to focus on anything.   My stomach's in knots; I'm hungry yet nauseated.   I have 5000 things to do.  Like laundry, packing, cleaning - except the power's out thanks to a crazy windstorm that's been going on all day.  So I'm sitting here in semi-darkness with my iPad willing the electricity restored.

My flight leaves Wednesday at 5pm.   First to Chicago, then London and finally Addis Ababa on Thursday 10:30pm (their time).  The hotel has wireless internet so I plan to update from there.   I meet my baby girl for the first time on Friday :)  My court appointment is Monday the 23rd, then we go on a 3-4 day trip to northern Ethiopia to meet the birth mom.  I'll be back home Sat the 28th.

omg!

No comments:

Post a Comment