Friday, April 20, 2012

Baby girl!!

Between jet lag and a shocking lack of sleep over about 36 hours, Kristina and I felt pretty well today despite only 6 hours last night.

We got to meet Beamlak/Amina today :)  Since falling in love with her via photo since January, I felt like I already knew her...which is kind of silly.  The thing is, she was exactly as I expected.  Adorable and such a sweet disposition.  She happily sat in my lap while we stared at her!   It was totally unreal and I couldn't possibly find the words to explain what I'm feeling.   Like being in shock, but good.  She was bright eyed and curious and totally tolerant of all my kisses :)  We were there about an hour and a half. Took pics, but can't legally post them yet.  Kristina and I walked to a local Turkish restaurant for dinner and stopped for ice cream afterwards.  Tomorrow morning we go sightseeing, then lunch and back to the orphanage.  Pretty tired now and turning in early.

No comments:

Post a Comment