Monday, March 19, 2012

Starting somewhere in the middle...

Well, I'm not much of a writer, journalizer or blogger but I've been wanting to keep a record of adoption related events so my little girl can read about this experience when she's older.

I am currently in the waiting, waiting and waiting stage...I accepted a referral for a beautiful 2 month old baby girl on January 6, 2012.  My first of two trips to Ethiopia should have happened six to eight weeks after accepting, but I am ten and a half weeks out with no court date/travel date in sight. Mostly I keep it together, but sometimes the delays make me absolutely cuckoo-crazy.

I'm not allowed to post any pictures of her until she's legally mine, so here's a few teasers:

 This is her hand at 2 months old


 And this is her chubby cheek (yes, on her face) at 4 months old


I've been lucky in that I've received updated photos from the agency or from other families who've traveled about every two weeks.

I'll be back when I have news on a court date.



No comments:

Post a Comment